About a week ago i noticed my son was starting to get his 6th set of teeth which would be his two upper fang teeth, a few days after noticing his teeth coming in i also noticed that his gums were starting to turn yellow from one fang tooth to the other, and also looks like its going behind his two front upper teeth! i have a picture if you would like me to send it!! my husband told me not to worry because he'll get his adult teeth in soon!!!

Leave Comment

• Newton Ted

Newton Ted 28 - October - 2010, at 23:32 PM

• Usually in children with age 11 and above, there are signs of delayed canine eruption as confirmed by the radiographs. there are chances or some amount of percentage where canine shows eruption palatal path. Radiograph shows that when the lateral incisor root was in close contact with an erupting canine, then there are 35 percent chances of absence of lamina dura.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - October - 2010, at 11:00 AM

• It is difficult to commet on the diagnosis with out seing the case clinically. The fang teeth i.e the cannine teeth comes at the ageof 12 to 14 months,and in small chldren gum problem is very rare. The yellow gums are may be because of some thing your child has eaten or may be accidentally he got  hurt. Try to clean the teeth with out irritating it. The adult teeth start coming at the age of 6 to 7 years so til then you really have to maintain very good oral hygeine and take care of the baby teeth. For more info on oral hygeine you can visit the following link on our website.....www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation