Hi I have a hole in on of my tooth's i had braces and my dentist drilled a whole in my tooth the last day..after i lost my insurance..he kept telling me it was a cavity.. but a cavity does not develop over night and put a whole in your tooth ..but it became a black little spot..that was sensitive..and grew over a few months to a whole.. a little tiny one..and now the tooth and the one behind it seems like it's getting smaller..and my gum hurts under it..i think the tooth is the second bicuspid...and the first or second molar behind it is also is a little bit sore..i have an appointment with a dentisi which i have to pay out of pocket for..what would tou say the treatment might be..just a filling..o would ,ore have to be done..it seems like it's grip on the gum is becoming loose..because it has a hole in it.. where bacteria and what ever i eat might go in to..Thank You..i just hope it's save able

Leave Comment


  • Mukhtar

    Mukhtar 26 - July - 2011, at 22:09 PM

  • yeah that was actually last summer that the dentist did that.. the hole got bigger now about a centimeter or 2...about a quarter of a finger nail...it got black..and i got an infection..in my mouth on the gums..behind my third molar on the right side next to the cheek..doctor prescribed penicilin..took infection away..but now if i eat and drink it feels like what ever I drink goes in that whole.. and i feel a tingling sensation under my first molar..i have an appointment on the 8/31st hope fully it's not too late to save my tooth and gums? thank you ..your very help ful

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 25 - July - 2011, at 19:08 PM

  • You are right that hole does not develop in a day but over a time. Initially you donot feel anything and due to this it is difficult to diagnose. As the tooth is 2nd bicuspid, it is difficult to see it properly. If your dentist is saying that it is a hole then you should get it filled. As you donot have any pain in the tooth and just a sensitivity, then most probably filling will serve the purpose. But if the hole is quite deep and tooth is infected then may be you will need Root Canal Treatment. It is difficult to comment without clinical and radiographic examination. Your dentist after doing clinical exam can specify the exact treatment. For more info on composite resotrations you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_indications-and-procedures-for-compsites-43.aspx

Free Dental Consultation