I have had a tooth abscess since friday (3 days). Went to hospital Friday night was given a Tramadol injection which didnt do a great deal. Saw a dr on Sat and was given two high dose scripts for antibiotics. Been taking Panadeine Forte 30mg for no result and tonight took a prescribed Endone 5mg from my dr also nil result. The pain is excruciating and i can barely function. Can anything else be done as I have been told until the infection goes away nothing more can be done but I am a mother of 3 children and need to be well soon!

Leave Comment

• Nicole

Nicole 21 - August - 2011, at 09:00 AM

• Thank you for your prompt reply. I have taken an Endone 5mg an hour ago can i take some ibuprofen in conjunction with this?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - August - 2011, at 08:07 AM

• For the abscessed tooth you have to take proper medication to control the infection. For this full course of antibiotics has to be taken along with pain killer tabs. Nothing actually works for this pain. You can try putting clove oil or chewing a clove and keeping it on that tooth. You can also try warm saline rinses and after that you can apply some topical anesthic gel available otc. Now there are two treatment options for this tooth. Either you have to go for Root Canal Treatment or you have to get it pulled out. The treatment procedures will be done when the infection is under control and for that you have take antibiotics precribed by your dentists along with pain killers. Antibiotics start working after 3 days when the level of antibiotics in blood is enough to control the infection. For more info on tooth abscess you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation