-Oral Surgeon (OS) 1 Dx: TMD Panaromic + 4 bite Xrays: Normal. Took increased doses of Aleve: 1,2,3, over time (as per dr) Given Lodine->Pain worsens. -OS 2 Dx: (5 days later) Muscular/nerve damage? Given Cyclobenzoprine->pain worsens. Emergency Room dx: Deferred: Referred to neurologist. -->given hydrocodone->pain minimal. Present symptoms: [all on right side] unable to open mouth-I'm on a liquid diet. mouth shaking. Severe upper jaw pain. Severe lower jaw pain. Headaches (above eye) Back of head Sinus pain/pressure Eye pain-behind eye Ear pain/pressure All pain rotates between stabbing/shooting/throbbing. Drs stated no-to-minimal swelling (depends on the visit) I have difficulty functioning in parts of my life and I am waiting to hear back from my neurologist. I also ordered a night guard which now I am afraid to use, because I cannot open my mouth. I do not want to rely on hydrocodone as I prefer not to take medication. I would appreciate any advice.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - March - 2011, at 18:32 PM

• Its great that it is just a tooth abscess which is not big as compared to other big neurological things. But I really wonder that if it is abscess then how come your xrays were normal and tooth abscess cannot be there without tooth decay and you wrote all the xray were normal. Tooth abscess is easily diagnosable from xrays. Anyway good that you donot have any big problem as it was projected. God bless.

• Paulina

Paulina 11 - March - 2011, at 14:50 PM

• Dr. Ritz, It turns out it was that it was an abscess. Misdiagnosed by an ER doctor, 2 oral surgeons, and 3 dentists. With no dental insurance I feel like someone should pay me back for this unnecessary expense. I should have been diagnosed with the abscess the first time.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - March - 2011, at 19:50 PM

• If all the X-ray's are normal that means there is no tooth decay and there is no gum problem. You have to wait for your report from neurlogist as it may be some neurological problem.

Free Dental Consultation