yesterrday i removed my braces and dentist initially told me wire retainer bt yesterday he just put composite or cement something like that not syre white colour on bank of all front tooths joining it. he put tis since i was scared of wire behind the teeth permamnently. now can you please tell me is this a good retainer jjus with cement??or wire retainer is the best?will this prevent me from replapse?? or there are chance of relapse sir? kindly reply me as early as possible..

Leave Comment

Comments

• rasika

rasika 17 - December - 2010, at 05:10 AM

• sir.. actually i am not sure whether they used fibre.. i guess he told me he has just pasted all tooth with composite.. as far my knowledge. he used blue lights finally..is this good retainer.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - December - 2010, at 20:09 PM

• For fixed retainer it is not essential to put wire. These days tooth color fibers are available which are used along with composite on the back of the front teeth to act as the fixed retainer. I am not sure whether your dentist has used that or not. They are glass fibers or polyurethane fibers like Ribbond. It ia just like a thich thread which is used along with the composite. it is tooth colored so people prefer this over the wire and it is also easy to use. The chances of relapse with tooth colored retainers is not there. They are as effective as the wire retainers. For more info on fixed retainers you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/dental-permanent-bonded-retainers-after-braces-744.aspx

Free Dental Consultation