I recently had a #8 tooth extracted. My #9 tooth has a crown. I am currently using a flipper. Is a Maryland bridge a possibility? Can it be attached to a crown or are my only options a conventional bridge or a implant because of the crown? I realize a full exam would be needed to fully determine a course to proceed with.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - April - 2010, at 20:44 PM

• No Maryland bridge can be attached with crown. If you want more info on Maryland bridge, you can visit our website which has detailed article on Maryland bridge.

• Rich Deucher

Rich Deucher 01 - April - 2010, at 07:59 AM

• I received an answer, but not to my question. I asked if a Maryland Bridge could be attached to a crown. Below is part of the answer I received: " No bridge can be attached to the already existing bridge.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2010, at 20:00 PM

• for the front tooth it is better to go for either the conventional bridge or the implant. The maryland bridge is not very esthetic looking and is not very successful. No bridge can be attached to the already existing bridge. For more info on crown and bridge you can visit the followin link on our website......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-crowns-bridges-22.aspx

Free Dental Consultation