Hi Im Richa, age 25 and I have a problem that my teeths are not straigthened since childhood. Braces were recommended and I was told that they're gonna take out some extra teeth. I didn't start with the treatment as I was scared that this might result into early fall of permanent teeths. Is there any new treatment which can straighten my teeths without taking out any teeth and even those ugly metal braces as they can be an embarrassment. Please suggest me how can I overcome such a problem and really wish to get healthy and beautiful teeths. Does age factor has any affect on this treatment. Please advice. Wish to get some solution for my this problem which I want to overcome now :( Regards Richa Chauhan

Leave Comment

Comments

• Fenny Vinit

Fenny Vinit 07 - October - 2010, at 23:06 PM

• It depends on the teeth for how long u r going to put retainers. Retainers after the braces will be easy and nice. My friend is going to put retainers for long time but not for the whole life. My other friend put it for a month. so it depends on ur teeth. U can ask the orthodontist and he might tell u. At the end it is worth it specially if ur teeth look really bad. But u have to take a good care of them. Brush Brush and Brush. No one looks better with braces and we don't want so we want the end to be nice. I also thought and still think of them looking cool. But for me, when i close my mouth i look different and not any more that very pretty. I guess so. Side effects : I got thinner, I have to brush like almost after i eat anything, Hurt me, Get dirty fast, and They have their own problem. U know sometimes they break ... Don't worry it might look so good on u like my other friends and They won't hurt that much.

• Simi Sharma

Simi Sharma 07 - October - 2010, at 02:38 AM

• I'm going tomorrow to get my teeth looked at for braces.. I read online that if you don't wear a retainer that your teeth will go back to how they were and that you should wear them for ever but my mother had braces and she doesn't have a retainer and her teeth didnt go back to how they were so is this true? also which would be better to get the old colorful rubber band kind or the newer self tighten ones or w/e they are? Is it really worth it to get braces because im worried ill look worse after having them. I don't even really mind my bottom teeth even though theyre the most messed up ones.I just wanna know side effects of braces.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - October - 2010, at 10:09 AM

• the best and the permanent treatment for straightenig the teeth is the braces. There is no age limit for that . People get braces even at the age of 40 years. So if you want to get the straight teeth go for the braces. Now a days cosmetic braces are also available. If you want to know more about the cosmetic braces you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/article_all-about-cosmetic-braces-347.aspx

Free Dental Consultation