I ahd a root canal about 15 years ago, 2 years ago ia had an accident and the posted tooth became loose I had it re-cemented. Since then the tooth has had to be re-cemented three times! My question is this: is there a bonding procedure that will keep the posted tooth in place for any length of time, say up to 5 years?

Leave Comment

• Richad

Richad 11 - July - 2011, at 11:27 AM

• After numerous attempts at re-ementing your advice hits home and I am deciding between an implant and a bridge. Great advice. Thank you.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - July - 2011, at 10:31 AM

• No there is no such cementing material which can ensure the cementation of the post if the support is less. It is not only the cementing material which helps in cementing the post but the tooth structure and the support which is also responsible for the post to stay in tooth. If it is coming out time and again then that means the support for the post and crown is less. In such case the dentist increases the support by increasing the length of post. For more info on post and core you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-post-and-core-281.aspx

Free Dental Consultation