i had lost my tooth more than 5 years ago and i have consulted two dentists regarding a missing tooth yesterday and both have said that nothing can be done about it as the gap in the muscle has filled and it won`t be possible to fix an artificial tooth. any suggestions as to what can be done? I asked them if bridging can be done and the answer was no.

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 14 - December - 2011, at 23:05 PM

• Ritesh, If much of adjacent teeth have shifted and opposite teeth have supra-erupted and muscle has filled the space, then nothing much can be done. Adjacent teeth can't be extracted to replace the missing tooth. You can discuss with your dentist if you can get prosthesis after braces treatment.

• Ritesh

Ritesh 14 - December - 2011, at 07:34 AM

• the dentist said that the muscle has filled it and surrounding teeth have grown or something like that. can`t the adjacent teeth be removed and can`t a gap be created? maybe a hole could be drilled where the muscle has filled to create a gap. please reply and thank you for replying.I can`t imagine having a missing tooth al life.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - December - 2011, at 04:11 AM

• If there is a missing tooth present, then it can be replaced with dental implants, dental bridges or partial dentures but if the tooth is not replaced for long time, then the adjacent teeth will shift towards the missing tooth and the opposing tooth will supraerupt. Pre-prosthetic orthodontics can be done to bring the adjacent teeth and supraerupted teeth back into normal position before dentures or bridge are given. If muscle has filled it and much of adjacent teeth have shifted and opposing teeth have supraerupted, then nothing can be done about it. For more info on need for replacement of missing teeth, refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-need-for-replacement-of-missing-teeth-883.aspx

Free Dental Consultation