It’s been almost 1 month that I’ve had my braces on. But, the pain is really unbearable. Nothing actually seems to help. Is there any way that I can get rid of this pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Sabrina

Sabrina 14 - June - 2012, at 08:31 AM

• My teeth really hurt bu tits only on one side of my mouth. All my teeth seems to be a little sore but thats normal, right? The teeth that are really killing me is the top row right size and the 2 or 3 teeth in the back hurt? Is there anythinig i can do that isn't the cold water or tyenol because i've tryed these adn they haven't worked. I'll try anything please.

• Bill

Bill 16 - June - 2011, at 17:07 PM

• Try using ComfortBrace Strips. They keep your braces from rubbing on the inside of your mouth.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - November - 2010, at 04:27 AM

• One impressive way to realign your teeth in position is to use braces. The device works by providing tension on the teeth, for a particular time span. And this tension enables the teeth to make a slow but impressive progression into a right position, with regard to the individual´s bite. While employing braces aids to obtain a better smile, there is no contradiction to the truth that braces also take the individual through a debilitating pain in the procedure. Dentists are not sure about what provokes braces pain. So, How to Make Pain from Braces Go Away?

Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are famous to be some impressive pain relievers available over the counter medicaments which you can utilize for new brackets pain relief. Nevertheless, try to learn about the right dosage before taking them.
    After you get brackets, wash off your mouth with water mixed with salt. This is considered as one of the excellent braces pain treatment which also lowers swelling.
    The cutting that brackets cause inside the mouth provokes sores. This can aggravate irritation and pain. In order to avert this, use dental wax or silicon on the braces. This technique lowers the friction and maintains the gum and cheeks, from getting affected by the braces and wires.
    Another way is to use oral anesthetic. This is also one popular technique for braces pain treatment. You can buy such medicaments over the counter. Take a piece of cotton and dip it in the oral medicament and press it on the painful positions of the mouth. As this technique to reduce pain works on a temporary level, it is really good during sleeping.
    Inaccurate brushing may aggravate cuts or sores in the mouth. Employing tender bristle brush also brings some relief from the pain. In addition to this, some individuals like to have a sensitive mouth. So for those people, using toothpaste that is not sensitive enables in lowering the pain popping from new brackets.
    Apart from all these techniques, taking the proper sort of food also plays an important role in lowering brackets pain. For example, taking sugary food stuff can increase the pain, particularly when there are cuts in the cavity.
    Providing right care of dental brackets is also vital as it aids in making the pain more tolerable.

You can read more informative articles on braces from http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation