Hello, my question is how long after a root canal should a follow up be scheduled for an impression of tooth to be prepped for a crown? I fractured my upper incisor, about3 (about 30% broken off) #8 tooth (along with broken ribs). My dentist performed root canal on Thursday 22 of Dec. I have some pain/sensitive to wind of the tooth. The reason I want the prepping and temp. crown as soon as possible is because my primary care physician is going to authorize me being ready to go back to work (my ribs seems to be healed). This if fine but I work with the public and dont want an exposed broken tooth, thank you sincerely Roy A

Leave Comment

Comments

• Roy

Roy 28 - December - 2011, at 12:04 PM

• Thank you for your informative reply. I just needed a timeline for this procedure because I need to use up some vacation time, now I have it, thank you very much

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - December - 2011, at 01:58 AM

• You can visit your general dentist as soon as your root canal treated tooth feels comfortable to get dental crown. After root canal procedure is completed, dentist can do tooth preparation and take the dental impression. Temporary dental crown can be given immediately after tooth preparation.  Permanent dental crown is given when there is no pain in root canal treated tooth. You can visit your dentist to get tooth preparation and impression and temporary dental crown when the root canal treated tooth feels comfortable. After root canal treatment, tooth becomes brittle. Dental crown after root canal treatment will provide strength to root canal treated tooth and will hide any discoloration which may occur after root canal treatment. For more info on dental crown after root canal treatment, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-why-to-get-dental-crown-after-root-canal-treatment-901.aspx

Free Dental Consultation