I am 25yrs of age n taking orthodontic treatment which is at its completion stage.My dr says my teeth will come back 5-10% outwards after removal of braces as our body is full of elasticity.IS it so??? my upper jaw brace got off nw bt i hav got sm black stains.how they cn be prevented as they really look bad.. I had given a removable plate as retainer.I want to ask you what if i wear that plate only in night as I hav a problem in speakin wid dat,,,,n my profession demands speaking.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2010, at 19:27 PM

• Your dentist is right as after braces treatment, teeth tend to come out and to avoid this, retainers after braces treatment are given. With advance ages, the chances of relapse are more and retainers have to be worn for longer duration. Initially for 6 months atleast, you have to wear the retainers day n night. If you have problem in wearing the retainers, then you can opt for fixed retainers, in which a wire is attached on the inner surface of the teeth, which is not visible and donot cause any problem in speaking. It will also prevent the relapse of the teeth. For more info on types of retainers, you can read this article from our website... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-retainers-after-braces-202.aspx

Free Dental Consultation