AS you have said that chances of relapse are higher in advance age...I want to ask you, can the chances of relapse can be reduced by having fixed retainers instead of removable one.Would fix retainers be more effective in my case as i am 25 yrs of age. My dr has given me removable type of retainers. I also want to ask you when i wear my retainer it doesnt feel tight or in gripth.Is it normal??If i ask for fixed retainers from my dentists dn it would cost me extra money from my treatment cost bcz my dr has given me the removable ones???

Leave Comment

Comments

• sangeeta

sangeeta 10 - May - 2010, at 03:10 AM

• I am very thankful for all the desired information. Information provided here was very helpful in clearing my doubts and queries. I really appreaciate your quick and up to the mark response Thanks so much

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - May - 2010, at 19:39 PM

• If you are careful with instructions of wearing retainers after braces then removable retainers are as good as fixed ones. If your removable retainers is not feelng tight or gripping the teeth, it is normal as retainers are not supposed to put pressure on the teeth but to keep the teeth in position. Yes you dentist will charge extra for fixed retainers. For more on retainers after braces, you can read the following article from our website...  www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-retainers-after-braces-202.aspx

Free Dental Consultation