hi, i am 24 years old,female,and few months back my canine of upper jaw was decayed, got it checked from a dentist .he told me that my two canines are temporary and the permanent ones are dormant in the upper jaw just above the incisors, now the problem is that i dont want to go for an orthodontist treatment ( braces)as i takes almost 3 yrs, is there any other option( ideal one)as i am also suffering from diabetes. thanks sani

Leave Comment

• sania shakeel

sania shakeel 18 - November - 2011, at 04:01 AM

• thanks, your consultation was really helpful.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - November - 2011, at 01:15 AM

• You have retained baby canines present. If the retained baby canines are decayed, then they can be removed and impacted adult canine can be brought down with the help of braces treatment. If you want to have your natural canine, then getting dental braces is the only treatment option to bring the impacted canines down. Impacted canine can be exposed in gums and can be brought in place with dental braces.  Dental braces will take 2-3 years for treatment. Apart from braces, you can get your baby canines and impacted canines pulled out and can get the missing tooth replaced with dental implants. Dental implants are best option for replacement of missing tooth. Tissue response with dental implants is not good in case of diabetic patients so mention this to your dentist that you are diabetic.  He will do clinical examination and will consider your systemic conditions and will decide that dental implants can be given or not.  Implants are bit expensive and if you can’t afford them, then you can get the gap filled with dental bridge. For more info on dental implants, refer to…    http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-implants-173.aspx

Free Dental Consultation