Dear Sir, My mouth relese bad smell even i brush my tooth daily since last one year. Please suggest some effective treatment. Thanks, Sunil

Leave Comment

Comments

• Sunil

Sunil 03 - September - 2011, at 23:14 PM

• Thanks for giving your valuable suggestion. . .

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - September - 2011, at 00:09 AM

• The main reason for bad breath is poor oral hygiene which further leads to caries and periodontal problems and infections leading to bad breath. White coating on the surface of tongue also causes bad breath. Apart from that dry mouth and other systemic factors like respiratory and gastric disorders or liver, renal disorders can also lead to bad breath. Foods like garlic and onions also cause bad breath. To prevent bad breath, it is important that you maintain a good oral hygiene so that there are no deposits on the tooth. Brush and floss regularly. Make sure that you clean your tongue along with your teeth. With a tongue cleaner, clean the front and back portion of the tongue. Most of the times bad breath is due to coating of the tongue.  If the mouth is dry, then take lots of liquids to avoid bad smell from the mouth. Mouth washes can also be used to mask the bad odor from the mouth. Eat nutritious diet and avoid taking foods causing bad smell.   If the sinus infection is causing bad breath, then consult your doctor and get treatment for sinus infection.  You can take sugar free chewing gums, cloves or can take green tea if it is temporary. Bad breath is not a disease but is a symptom. You can consult your dentist to get it diagnosed and cure the reason behind it. For more info on prevention and remedies of bad breath, you can refer to the following article…   http://www.identalhub.com/article_prevention-and-remedies-of-bad-breath-18.aspx

Free Dental Consultation