I have always had bad teeth since I was 5 years old. It took a year just for my front tooth to grow with my other front tooth. In 9th grade I got hit in the mouth with a Softball (cause a bleeding, tooth went through my lip, and my lip was swollen for a few days. I had a toothache for about 2 weeks) But that was my front teeth. I do have a cavity on my lef side on the bottom.I am graduated now (18 yrs.) 3 weeks ago my jaw and everything started hurting. Especially beside/under my ear. A little under the neck. I took Ibuprofen and it went away for a week. Well, now its back. It has moved to a top tooth on the left side of my mouth. The tooth feels a little out of place. My Right bicuspid!I dont remember it being that way. I am waiting for my medicaid card to come in so i can go get it checked out. Its just the left side of my mouth where all the teeth are messed up. I wouldnt think the softball had something to do with it cause i got hit in the front of my mouth (but i could be wrong). I do not clench or grind my teeth at all. They are very sensitive to cold stuff! Also my front teeth are crooked...What should I do? Do you know what could this???

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 21 - September - 2011, at 00:44 AM

• Terri, Wisdom teeth may be impacted in the socket. When the size of jaw is small and there is no space for wisdom teeth to erupt, then they are impacted in the soft tissue or the bone. Impacted wisdom teeth cause pain which is radiating to the ears and neck. You have to get it checked from the dentist. If there is impacted wisdom tooth present, then it needs to be pulled out. Pain can be because of traumatic bite or can be because of some other problem also. You have to refer to your dentist for definite diagnosis and treatment.

• terri

terri 20 - September - 2011, at 07:23 AM

• my mouth is too small for all my teeth. i also have a deep bite! no way for wisdom teeth to come in, i have no swelling in my face!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - September - 2011, at 02:26 AM

• Jaw pain which is radiating to the neck and ear can be because of wisdom tooth eruption. Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt in the oral cavity and come in late teens mostly. During eruption of wisdom teeth, pain may be radiating to the jaw and ear. Along with pain and discomfort, during wisdom tooth eruption, there is swelling of the jaw present and the gums become swollen and inflamed. Pain can also be because of infection in the tooth or can be because of temporomandibular joint disorder.  Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You have to refer to your dentist for this. He will do clinical examination and will take an x-ray to see whether the wisdom teeth are erupting or not. If the wisdom teeth are infected or are impacted, they are extracted by the dentist. By that time, you can do warm saline rinses for some relief. Maintain good oral hygiene. Teeth can be sensitive because of initial decay. If there are cavities present in the teeth, then get them restored. You can use some desensitizing tooth paste for sensitivity. For the crooked teeth, you can get braces treatment done. Braces will align the teeth in 18-24 months depending on the extent of crookedness which is present. If you don’t want to have metallic teeth, then you can go for invisaligns for the treatment. Cosmetic procedures like veneers or crowns can also be given if the crookedness is small. For more info on wisdom teeth, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation