I have braces, so flossing for me is really difficult so I don't do it as often as I should. Over the past few months I've noticed my gums getting puffier. They're starting to overlap on my teeth. I'm gonna floss on a daily basis now, but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to help heal my gums. Also, in how long will I notice a difference?

Leave Comment

Comments

• sweety

sweety 08 - September - 2010, at 01:16 AM

• It sounds like you have a canker sore. they are not dangerous but they hurt like hell. Put some Anbisol or Kanka on it and it should go away in about a week or two. The sore comes from bacteria in your mouth so make sure you keep it clean.for more info you can visit :

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-surgeries-80.aspx

• minsy

minsy 07 - September - 2010, at 23:06 PM

• I have a white bump on the top of the "gum line" that connects the bottom lip to the bottom part of the teeth. It's in the bottom-middle of the mouth. Don't what what it's called, It hurts like hell, but it's more annoying than anything. Any idea what it could be? Is it something to be serious?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - September - 2010, at 00:08 AM

• Rinsing your mouth with salt water sometimes helps. It's recommended after oral surgeries. It will most likely take a few days to notice a difference.

Free Dental Consultation