Hi, I have a broken tooth (#3 Molar). It's bad. It goes down to the gum in the middle and the dentist says it has a "crack" in it. It was a botched root canal and is probably beyond the help of a cap. I need an expert here. Extraction is a horrible idea in my opinion. The tooth still works for the most part, and isn't giving me pain. It's presense aids in the chewing of the opposite tooth on the bottom. If I leave it the way it is hard to clean (more needs to be removed, or filled). But NOBODY is offering me ANY other options. I've seen 3 dentists already and am seeing a 4th tomorrow. Can you give or recommend ANY alternative to full out, counter-productive extraction??? I have pictures. ~Tom

Leave Comment

Comments

• Tom

Tom 25 - March - 2011, at 07:15 AM

• Thank you for the info

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - March - 2011, at 19:55 PM

• If the tooth has crack upto gum line and is beyond repair then the best option is to get it pulled out as it will be your source of infection and that is not good for general health. Without xray and clinical exam, it is difficult to assess whether the tooth can be restored or not but if it cannot be root canal treated and cannot be capped then the best option is to get it pulled out. You can go for dental implant which will work like natural tooth or you can go for fixed partial dentures. Bridge is also another option. So in my advice, donot let the infected tooth be in mouth, either get it treated or pulled out. For more info on cracked tooth options you can read this article ...... www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation