Hi! I recently had a crown fall out where a root canal had been done about two years ago. My Dentist recommends an implant and refused to recemment the crown temporarily. He said the root area is too weak. I had quite a bit of work done by him about 2 yrs ago and since then, this is the third crown that has fallen out. Is this normal? I'm starting to question his work altogether. I'm not sure if he's pushing an expensive procedure unnecessarily. I'm especially turned off after reading some horrible reviews about him on the internet. What should I do? I already let him take an impression of my tooth yesterday and the ball is rolling for work to be done. Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Vicky

Vicky 14 - April - 2011, at 10:58 AM

• Thank you so much Dr. Ritz! I will go for a second opinion. :)

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - April - 2011, at 10:38 AM

• If you are not very satisfied with your dentist then you can take the second opinion. It is not normal for the crowns to come out after such a short duration. Normally the life of the crown is 5 to 6 years If the root is weak then why the crown was given in the first place. It is difficulkt to comment wthout seeing the case clinically but i think you should take second opinion. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation