I had make RCT of my last lower teeth in 2010. After one year I am facing the problems of mouth opening even I can not feed myself. my dentis suggest me Cefadur-500 and flexon tables and gargil with salt water. but there is no relive from last five day. Please suggest what to do

Leave Comment

• Vinod Pant

Vinod Pant 22 - May - 2011, at 21:32 PM

• Thanks for your answere.presently I am unable to open my mouth. my dentist told me that there is swelling in mouth opening gland. He have done the x-ray. today i am re-visiting my doctor.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - May - 2011, at 01:01 AM

• There are two possibilities that why you are facing this problem. One can be that your Root Canal Treated tooth is infected and in this case along with difficulty in opening of mouth, you cannot chew food from that side. The other possibility is that you got root canal treatment is done in 2nd molar and your 3rd molar (wisdom tooth) is erupting which can be impacted and causing this problem. If the cause is former then along with antibiotics you have to go for Re-Root canal treatment if you want to save the tooth. If is is due to impacted wisdom tooth then that has to be pulled out. Now for this you have to schedule a visit to your dentist, who will do exam and take xrays to findout the exact reason for the same. For more on impacted wisdom teeth you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/dental-impacted-wisdom-teeth-and-types-of-impactions-736.aspx

Free Dental Consultation