I had a cavity filled four years ago in two tooth. But one of them felt out last summer (It is the second last tooth on both sides). Since then, i have not gone to dentist but have treated it by myself. I took that denTek fill from walmart to fill it up. i flush my mouth with warm water or mouth rinser then I use that filler to fill it up. I have dbeen oing that until now but never had a problem with that. But 2 days ago I had fillings fell out and gave me a severe pain. So, I went ahead and fill it again. But this time the pain wouldnt go away. it stayed with me for the whole night so couldn't sleep, had some headache from this pain. So I had to take Aleve to reduce the pain. fortunately the excruciating pain is gone. Now, i got a new problem. I feel like that particular teeth is the biggest teeth and when I chew on the opposite side of that teeth and I accidentally touch that too, and it hurts which makes chewing very uncomfortable. It feels like someone giving me a punch, the pain stays for few seconds and then leaves. If i dont touch it then i feel fine. So i was wondering what is the problem? And i can drink cold and hot water, it feel just fine. basically when something bumps into it it gives few seconds of pain. i hope you understand my problem. Please reply asap before i jump into any dentist without any dental insurance and spending loads of money which I dont have. I really appreciate your help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - January - 2011, at 01:22 AM

• It looks like that your tooth is sensitive because of the infection. When the tooth is infected and the periapical area is involved then the tooth tends to get out of the socket. It feels longer and there is pain as it is infected. Because of the pus formation at the tip of the root the pressure is built and pain is there when one lies done like when one goes to sleep.If you really want to save the tooth then the treatment option is to get the root canal treatment. and above that you have to get the crown. Otherwise you have to get the tooth pulled out. For more info on root canal treatmenyt you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation