As of yesterday, I was 99% sure i had trench mouth. It was a seemingly mild case with only one small, but at times very painfull sore between my bicuspid and molar. Ive had other symptoms for a couple of months now such as trouble swallowing, fever, bad taste, and more recently a gray film. Yesterday morning i woke up with a sore between my teeth hurting pretty intensely. I did some googling and found most of my symptoms however, i had been blaming them on a sinus infection which i still believe i may have due to the headaches in my temple, corner of my eye and the congestion. So before the outbreak i was prescribed zithromax which ive used many times before. I eased the pain of the sore with a hydrogen peroxide/salt water mix and continued the day keeping it under control by brushing and flossing after meal, then rinsing with a 50/50 peroxide and water mix, then a plain salt water rinse. I went to bed feeling fine. I woke up 3 hours later with the mucus membranes behind my lips burning EXTREMELY bad, swollen to roughly twice their normal size, and are dark red with no sores. Its improved over the last 3 hours but all the ailments i mentioned above are all causing me moderate to severe difficulty at the moment. Also, my last zithromax is due 8 hours from now. Could you PLEASE tell me whats wrong with me or if its a mixture ailments. If its more than one problem, what is a good home remedy to use in the meantime that wont irritate one or the other? Thank you for reading all of that and if you have a question or some more details, please ask. Thak you very much, Adam

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - October - 2011, at 23:22 PM

• Bad breath, fever, gray film on gums, pain and difficulty in swallowing are symptoms of trench mouth or acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis. In this condition, painful ulcers develop on gums. Lesion is sensitive to touch in this condition and there is constant radiating pain present. It can occur because of poor oral hygiene, smoking, poor nutrition and stress. You have to visit your dentist to get treatment done for it. By that time, you can use cotton saturated with hydrogen peroxide on the affected area. Take bed rest and avoid taking spicy food as the pain is aggravated by spicy foods. Rinse with diluted hydrogen peroxide and do warm saline rinses. Use a bland tooth paste and maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly. Your dentist will examine your condition and will give you antibiotics and will do scaling and root planning and periodontal surgery in subsequent visits. For more info on good oral hygiene, refer to…

Free Dental Consultation