I am a 25-year old boy who has got two infected wisdom teeth six months ago. there were fine at first and i had not had that much pain but my gum was kind of swollen around them, Moreover i dont have any wisdom teeth below just i have two in top but my below gum also was swollen which at first i though i have two in bottom as well which according to the X-ray pic i do not and my dentist said it could be due to upper ones.around 10 days ago i got swollen armpit and i am quit worry about that, the swollen gland is not big it is small and it is getting better since i pulled one of my wisdom teeth which is at the same side with that arm. i have been under Anti-biotic for 10 days and i am going to pull another out tomorrow. now my question is how possible the relation between these two is????? shall i be tested more???? can i be relax if it goes away completely after a wile????? Please answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - August - 2011, at 09:55 AM

• When there is some infection, the lymph nodes are swollen and these lymph nodes are interconnected and that is why when you have infected wisdom teeth, the lymph nodes were swollen and you felt armpit lumph nodes were also swollen as they are interconnected. if after getting the wisdom tooth pulled out, the swelling in lymph nodes is also decreased then you need not worry as it was due to infection in the wisdom tooth. The same thing will happen after pulling of other wisdom tooth. for more info on wisdom tooth problem you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation