Hi i had filled my teeth nine years ago but one month before i got pain in my fillings so i went to dentist he said you need to remove old fillings.To remove old fillings he gave me medicine but i cant eat medicine bcoz of liver swelling so after one day he remove my old fillings through injection and do temporory zinc white filling and said to me come after five days.i could not get pain in temporory filling but after eight days when i go back he remove my temporory filling and did sliver filling .since then i am getting pain when i try to eat something and also feel hot and cold .kindly tell me what should now i do?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - October - 2011, at 04:39 AM

• Pain may occur 4-5 days after dental filing as filling may take some time to settle. If the pain persists for longer time, then it can be because of some high point on the tooth or can be because of infection still left in the tooth. If there is some high point present on the tooth, then it can be corrected by the dentist. If there is infection still left in the tooth, then root canal treatment may be required for the tooth.  You can refer to your dentist for this. He may take a x-ray to see whether infection is there in the tooth or not. If infection is left in the tooth, then he may perform root canal procedure. By that time, avoid chewing from that side of the tooth and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any gum infections.  For more info on problem after silver filing, you can refer to following article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-problem-after-amalgam-dental-filling-805.aspx

Free Dental Consultation