I took my son to his first dentist visit today, and after xrays they said he had trauma to his front tooth, 2 cavities, and would need fillings and treatment. Possibly a baby root canal, on monday he goes back. 1 month ago he tripped while running after a ballon and landed hard on his face, I think he hit his tooth for he was bleeding, around 3 weeks ago I noticed his tooth browning so i made a dental appointment and today that is what they told me, but im scared is it going to hurt a lot? I heard root canal are painful. What should i expect? Are there other options? I dont like those little gray caps they look ugly. He's only 3, and has bad oral health, his brother is 8 and never has he had a cavitiy, me neither. Please help me.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - August - 2010, at 20:01 PM

• If the front toothhas turned brown that means it is infected and may be now he is not having pain but he can have it .So it is better to go for the treatment know. The root canal is not painful now a days. bu tif you do not get it done and teeth get infected then it is quite painful. Maintain very good oral hygeine as some children are more prone to caries than others as the hereditary factor is also there. Make him brush his teeth at bed time and go for the preventive procedures like sealants and the fluoride application. For more info on children dentistry you can visit the following link on our website......www.identalhub.com/article_why--children-keep-getting-the-cavities-51.aspx

Free Dental Consultation