I broke part of a molar near the gum line eating a almond and went to the dentist the next day. I wanted the dentist to remove the tooth (I'm 62) but he said there was no fracture and convinced me to try to save it. They put a temporary crown on then, 2 weeks later a permanent crown but not sealed permanently because I was still in discomfort. They suggested a root canal with an endodontist which I had done. Now almost 4 weeks later my tooth is very sensitive to just touching it with my finger, also my jaw is still sore. I've taken inflammatory drugs plus antibiotics. Both dentists say the xrays show nothing wrong. There is no infection either. What is causing the pain? Why won't it heal?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - April - 2010, at 20:07 PM

• There should not be any pain or discomfort after 4 weeks. If the dentist says that there is nothing wrong with root canal treatment and there is no infection then it can be because of high contact points on the crown or there is a possibility that there is a crack in the tooth which is difficult to diagnose. If the pain is because of high point then it will go after the dentist adjust the occlusion. But if it due to the crack then may be the extraction is the only solution.In your case it is difficult to comment without clinical examination. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.......... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation