Hi Doctor, Over a year ago, when my wisdom tooth was growing, I saw that one of my teeth was darkening. Now, a year passed, I still have that tooth black on one side. Although, the tooth doesn't hurt, my dents are bleeding almost everyday. Even a slight touch to my dents can cause bleeding. Today I was checking my tooth after brush and noticed that my dark tooth was bleeding more than others. I have not visited any dentist for 2-3 years. After reading some of your posts online, I've found out that I might have a serious tooth problem. Doctor, do you think that I can save my tooth (the dark one)? Or, should I see a dentist asap? Please give me some advice. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - August - 2010, at 09:34 AM

• You have not mentioned whether you have removed the pressure gauge or not. If the bleeding is there after removal of pressure gauge then take a sterlised gause piece and give pressure pack. You can also use iced tea bag. They help in stopping the bleeding. Bleeding after extraction of 3 teeth is normal. You can sip something cold but donot use straw and donot rinse the mouth vigoursly. Sometimes hypertensive patients bleed more. For more info on problems after tooth extraction, you can read the following article http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

• laura messina

laura messina 24 - August - 2010, at 18:17 PM

• had 2 wisdom teeth and the tooth next to bottom left tooth removed total of 3 at 11:30 a.m it's now 9:44 p.m and am still having alot of bleeding have not eaten only drank a little water all day.. what should I do please help..thanks..

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - August - 2010, at 11:11 AM

• It is better you see the dentist as the black tooth can be because of decay and that can be restored if it is not paining but only dentist can do it. more so ever you are having bleeding gums that means you need cleaning of teeth . So if yo really want to take care of the teeth and want to save them then you should visit the dentist. For more info on oral hygeine you can browse the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-whether-bleeding-in-gums-normal-or-unhealthy-678.aspx

Free Dental Consultation