Hi, I had a cavity in one of my back tooths and I got it removed and filled as soon as I found out. After a month or so, I started feeling this sensitivity in the same tooth. I went to the dentist n when he checked it it had decay in it. He fixed the whole tooth all over again. My tooth was fine for around 10 days n I did not feel any pain! Then, after a few days the sensitivity pain came back. I went to the dentist n he said it will go away on it's own n recommended me to use sensodyne n fluoride toothpastes for re-mineralization of my tooth. Then someone also recommended me to use an electronic toothbrush. It has been a month since I'm using the brush n three months since I'm using the pastes BUT ALL IN VAIN! Have been drinking through straws since 4 months!!! The doctor days tht as I'm only 23 he doesn't opt for doing a root canal... What do I do? Please give me some advice... I'll be extremely thankful to you!

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - May - 2010, at 19:30 PM

• if pain and senstivity is there even after four months of the filling then that means thecavity is quite deep.In that case you have to go for the root canal treatment. there is no age bar for gettng the root canal treatment. It is better to save he tooth than to get it pulled out later on. After root canal treatment go for the crown as that way you can prolong the life of your tooth. If you want to know more about the root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.........http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation