Hi, I had root canal done on teeth 14 and now I have been told by the dentist that I will need to get the crown lengthening done before the crown can be placed. What should I do. Can I wait for 1 year by doing some temporary work since my insurnace has already reached annual maximum. Please suggest what should I do. pics can be seen here. https://picasaweb.google.com/108680645720733230901/Mar272011?authkey=Gv1sRgCOT7lPuX6YivvAE&feat=email#

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - March - 2011, at 19:09 PM

• It is better you get the crown now only as your crown is already short in length and you need crown lengthening. After RCT the tooth becomes brittle and it tends to chip off so if you delay the crowning then further chipping or fracturing of tooth is possible and in that case may be you are advised to go for post and core with crown and sometimes crown fractures in such a way tha crowning is not possible afterwards and tooth has to be pulled out. So it is better go for crown after crown lengthening now only as wait period of insurance is 9 months and can complicate the situation. For more info on crown lenghtening you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_crpwn-lengthening-surgery-341.aspx

Free Dental Consultation