Hello I was wondering if I could get some advice. I have a severe over bite problem and when I was younger I was told needed to be corrected by some sort of jaw realignment surgery but I had to wait until I was like 19 or 20 to get the surgery. Well right now I am 24 years old and I have put off getting the problem because of life changes like college and babies. I guess just wanted to know my options on getting my overbite fixed. Lately i have been experiencing some pain in my jaws, biting, and have a little prolem breathing not major but i can definetly feel a difference.also wanted to know how much the procedure would cost, if it's covered by insurance and who covers it. Thank you.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 29 - August - 2010, at 19:40 PM

  • For your overbite treatment you have to visit the Orthodontist who will assess overbite and if it can be treated only by braces or surgery has to be done. If it can be done by braces then the cost can be around $5000 but if surgery is also required the it depends on type of surgery. As far your sympons, you have to go for overbite correction because overbite causes wearing of teeth and the problem of pain in the jaws becomes worse with time. It is better to get the treatment done asap. As regards covering by insurance, it depends on insurance to insurance and policy to policy. When you go to your dental office, just show them and they will have to check from insurance company whether it is covered or not. If it is covered the the dentist will have to take preapproval for that. Many insurance companies over braces treatment. For more info on overbite you can browse the following link ...  www.identalhub.com/dental-using-headgear-to-treat-overbite-750.aspx 

Free Dental Consultation