Hi, I have plaque accumulated in my teeth and teeth color has also changed to yellow. Sometimes I feel extra sensitivity in my teeth. Is it OK to go through Plaque removal from dentist? Is there any sideeffects of it, as I heard that in process of plaque removal Teeth enamel is also affected resulting in extra senstivity in the tooth. Please suggest...

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - February - 2011, at 10:14 AM

• It is a myth that plaque removal causes sentivity of teeth and affects the enamel of the tooth. Cleaning is done wit ultra sonic scaler which uses the vibations to dislodge the plaque so it does not harm any tissue and as enamel is the hardest tissue in human body, it is not affected at all by procedure of cleaning. If you donot get the cleaning done and plaque accumulation is there then accumulated plaque will irritate the gums causing the inflammation and diseases of gums which ultimately leads to pyrrhoea. So it is better to get regular cleaning done after every 6 months and have healthy gums and teeth. For more info on cleaning you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/dental-why-root-scaling-and-planning-is-good--716.aspx

Free Dental Consultation