unable to eat spicy food,checks look lik streaks-cuts,pain in oral cavity

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 10 - September - 2012, at 01:08 AM

  • Dear MAHESH,You seem to be sufferng from burning mouth syndrome.Burning Mouth Syndrome may occur as an isolated symptom or as one of a group of oral symptoms, such as taste abnormality and various oral dysesthesias, including dull, deep, continous pain of the atypical facial pain variety.Causes of this disease are several,but in your case,it is probably due to the use of gutka.You should visit your dentist for a clinical examination.You can also try these self-care tips to help ease the pain of burning mouth syndrome: 1)Sip water frequently. 2)Suck on ice chips. 3)Avoid irritating substances like hot, spicy foods; mouthwashes that contain alcohol; and products high in acid, like citrus fruits and juices. 4)Chew sugarless gum. 5)Brush your teeth twice daily. 6)Avoid alcohol and tobacco products.

    For more info on the above topic,you can visit the link  http://www.identalhub.com/article_burning-mouth-syndrome-375.aspx

  • Mahesh

    Mahesh 09 - September - 2012, at 11:12 AM

  • Hi, Iam unable eat spicy food, When i was in degree, i was cleaned my teeth with hidrogen feroxide in local doctor, after certain day, i feel burning sensation in my mouth, Certain days i use take Gutuka, and i totaly stops all bad habits ,but now also i not able to eat bare minimum spicy foods. please can you suggest what to do. I consulted doctors, they told me take Biccules or Bicozinc tablets, i have taken that but no use. please can you suggest.

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 25 - October - 2011, at 00:28 AM

  • Inability to eat spicy foods can be because of presence of some cuts in the oral cavity or can be because of some oral lesion or can be because of some acute gum infection. If inability to eat spicy foods is due to some cuts present in the oral cavity, then it will heal in 7-10 days. You can take vitamin supplements for cuts to heal faster and can do warm saline rinses to avoid any secondary infection in the mouth. To reduce pain, you can apply orajel over it. If it is because of some acute gum infection, then get treatment done for it and if the cuts and discomfort persists beyond 14 days, then consult your dentist. He may do an oral biopsy to diagnose it and further treat it. Maintain a good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infection. For more info on good oral hygiene, refer to… http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation