what can I do about my toothaches? both are located on the top right part of my mouth. One's a wisdom tooth and the other is the one before it. The wisdom tooth itself has a gap in between the top and lower part of the tooth. Meaning, I can stick my fingernail INSIDE my tooth.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - January - 2012, at 00:36 AM

• Tooth ache can be there because of infected wisdom tooth and second upper molar or can occur because of gum infection in relation to tooth. Cracked tooth can also lead to pain. If tooth infection is reason of pain, then root canal treatment is required for the tooth. If gum infection is reason of soreness, then dental cleaning is required. If tooth is cracked, then treatment is required for the cracked tooth. Wisdom teeth don’t aid in mastication and are susceptible to infections. If wisdom teeth are infected, impacted or are causing problem, then they can be removed. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can visit your dentist for treatment. By the time, you visit your dentist; you can apply orajel or can take OTC pain med for some pain relief. Placing a clove over infected tooth area will also provide some pain relief. Avoid eating from side of affected teeth and maintain good oral hygiene. If there is gum infection present, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. For more info on home remedies for dental pain, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_home-remedies-for-dental-problems-88.aspx

Free Dental Consultation