Hi, i am a 21 year old feamle. So a few days ago i woke up with my gums some what tender. Specifically behind my front tooth, up top. I do not have any cavities around that tooth or even on the ones next to it. I do however have and always have had one of my adult teeth grow in behind my front tooth. That is where the swelling first occurred, was between my front tooth and the one behind it. It hurts and starts to bleed if i brush my teeth or mess with the gums in that area. Today the swelling got pushed forward, and is now in front of my front tooth. it looks as if it has formed into a bump. Im not sure if this is an abscess tooth or not, i have had many of those in my life, but nothing involving a bump like this. Ive been using Listerine to help when it bleeds and Aleve to help with the Swelling. what do you think it is?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Robin Williams

Robin Williams 14 - February - 2010, at 03:02 AM

• The knowledge as to getting rid of gingivitis is not a person’s top priority unless he happens to be working in the dental field. Nevertheless, a simple gum infection could easily turn into ulcer-like gingivitis if not treated properly. In addition to this, the ulcer-like gingivitis is not the only condition you should be concerned about. Being an infection, gingivitis or periodontitis may spread not just through the oral cavity but through the bloodstream as well. Eventually, it will cause your gums to grow thin and the supporting dental bones to weaken. On this account, your dentures will eventually fall out and you will become toothless for the rest of your life. If this happens, severe conditions may occur such as: • Grey colored clots on your gums and teeth that can never be removed by brushing alone. • Profuse bleeding of gums at the mere touch or chewing of food • Soreness of the gums due to infection • Severe halitosis and problems with breath • Swelling of lymph nodes due to infection • Inflaming of glands and muscles within the mouth For you to be able to treat the bacteria that may cause these diseases to plague your body. You must undergo advanced dental therapy procedures to help get rid of the microbes that may cause the dental disease. • You should have regular teeth cleaning to remove the bacteria that breed behind the cavities in your teeth. • Gum regeneration should be done in order to rejuvenate and build destroyed tissue and bone structure within the oral region. • Undergoing surgery to reduce the pockets that advanced stages of gingivitis infection as well as periodontitis may help bridge the gap between the gums and teeth. In addition to this, if the pockets are reduced, the breeding areas of bacterial infections will be reduced also. Therefore, gum diseases will be greatly prevented if the patient undergoes surgery. • Soft tissue grafting may help restore the healthy condition of the gums that had been damaged due to severe conditions of gingivitis and periodontitis. This surgery will help build the damaged tissue so much so that the whole gum area will be recreated as well. Having to stop gingivitis from spreading is not that easy. It is very important to know that the best way to stop gingivitis from ever infecting a person’s oral cavity is to prevent it from ever entering the mouth. However, knowing how to stop gingivitis in case it does reach your mouth will help you prevent other diseases from infecting you. You should always be vigilant when it comes to your dental health and never neglect your teeth.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - February - 2010, at 02:40 AM

• This is a common problem when the teeth are not in proper alignment specially in case of front teeth when one tooth is overlapping the other. This happens because it is very difficult to maintain the area between two teeth which are not in alignment. Something or other like food particles keep getting stuck and this causes the gum problem and hence the bump which is basically the inflammation of the gums. To avoid this you have to maintain the oral hygiene by doing brushing, flossing specially in this area. You can do warm saline rinses an massage the gums of this area with some gum pain which are available in stores as OTC. For more info on gum problems and their cure and maintainance you can check the following link in our website.. http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation