i had my teeth pulled last monday. they pulled my all of my teeth and one rioted tooth. Most of scarin went down expect this piece of gum standing where they pulled my bottom wisebom tooth. Is that noraml? Will it heal soon? I also can bearly open my mouth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - August - 2011, at 02:38 AM

• Yes this is normal. It takes around 1week for socket to heal after tooth extraction but wisdom tooth extraction socket takes comparatively longer time to heal completely. Healing of wisdom tooth extraction socket depends upon the procedure and amount of bone cutting done during extraction. Wisdom tooth extraction socket may take 3weeks to 3 months to heal completely.  Don’t worry the socket will heal soon. Just follow the instructions of your dentist. Take the medicaments as prescribed by your dentist. Maintain good oral hygiene and try to keep the socket clean. Keep doing the warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day which will reduce the swelling and will fasten the healing process. For more info on problems after removal of wisdom teeth, you can refer to the following article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation