I had a root canal and a crown 10 years ago on tooth # 3. About a year ago it started hurting really badly. The dentist was sure the pain was coming from tooth #2 so he did a root canal. The pain was still there. He then decided to do a retreatment on tooth #3. The pain was still there. He then decided to have #3 pulled and the pain is still there. It is so painful and they have done x rays and found no infections, nothing. where is this pain coming from? I'm so frustrated and can't live in this pain forever. It feels like it hurts in the bone.It is intermittent but mostly hurts every day.It is not a cold or heat sensitivity. It is pain. I can't keep paying for this dentist's guess work. Please give me some suggestions as to what could be possibly causing this pain. Thank you so much.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - February - 2011, at 19:59 PM

• If there is no infection, then the pain can be because of neuralgia. In neuralgia which is a nerve pain, the pain is very sharp and acute and there is some trigger factors which triggers the pain. This pain is intermittent. In this the pain is not because of any infection and the cause is also unknown and the patient feels the pain when the trigger factors are triggered. For example sometimes, washing face can trigger the pain. First of all you have to get the diagnosis made and only then the treatment is possible. For this you can visit a Oral Surgeon who will diagnose the problem and do the treatment accordingly. For more info on neuralgia, you can read this article from this link... www.identalhub.com/article_why-dental-pain-or-toothache-87.aspx

Free Dental Consultation