Ok so today I was brushing and flossing, and my lower tooth right on the left of front lower teeth had 2 little chips come out from the bottom of it, it bleeded a little but not too much and was not painful, and now if i feel it with my toungue i feel like something is missing on the bottom like it's uneven or something but it is not visible to see in mirror or anything. I am so scared, waht could this be and what wil the dentist do , please help meee

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - May - 2011, at 10:55 AM

• It is not the tooth chip which has come out with floss but it looks like the plaque ie extra deposit on tooth and get calcified, has come out. Normally this dental plaque is removed during the dental cleaning but if it remains then it come out with dental floss sometimes. As plaque deposited on whole tooth does not come out and due to this you feel unevenness on tooth. Now just schedule a visit with your dentist who will do scaling and cleaing which will take care of things. For more info on dental scaling you can read this article...  www.identalhub.com/dental-why-root-scaling-and-planning-is-good--716.aspx 

Free Dental Consultation