The very back of my tooth is partly broken. The tooth has a filling that shows, and the part that's missing hss some fairly sharp points that the back of my tongue rubs against it all the time making my tongue a little sore sometimes. How can I get this fixed and more importantly, how much will it cost me?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - June - 2011, at 19:26 PM

• As the post is broken, the support which is needed for the tooth is not there and because of that earlier crown was coming out time and again. Either you have to get new post (if it is possible) and only then you can get a new crown which will be retained otherwise it is better to get tooth pulled out and go for dental implant or dental bridge.

• Brian

Brian 08 - June - 2011, at 08:56 AM

• I have had a capped front tooth for 20 years the post has broke and the tooth was cemented in several times recently i lost the cap and now a being told i need an implant Question: why cant another cap be cemented in instead of an implant?

• Cheryl

Cheryl 10 - April - 2011, at 21:34 PM

• Thank you! I looked up teeth grinding and I have had increased stress at work in 2010 and since Jan.2011 I had to report several serious insidents and feel defensive 24/7. I found many useful ideas to reduce stress syptoms and protect teeth. I will wear a mouth guard also until I can fix teeth and find a new job perhaps with insurance benefits! Thanks again Cheri

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - April - 2011, at 19:29 PM

• This chipping of teeth is because of wearing. It can be because of your bite or you have problem like grinding of teeth. Taking soda is not always the cause. No supplements can increase strength of teeth. You have to get the treatment done otherwise this chipping will keep on increasing and can cause the pulp exposure and ultimately the infected teeth. So it is better to go for treatment now. Treatment for this varies from going for raising the bite to composite builtup or crowns depending on the extent of chipping. This treatment is costly.

• Cheryl

Cheryl 10 - April - 2011, at 15:39 PM

• I also have a recent problem with my bottom teeth chiping in the back or on top edges. My dentist did not repair them but said it would cost $5,000.00. My bite also has changed and the cause of both is unknown to me.I do not drink sodas or have health issues as mentioned. Is there a supplement that can help strengthen teeth?

Free Dental Consultation