I have notice a bump on the lower left side in my mouth. I am positive it's a wisdom tooth coming in although I have notice a little swelling on the inside of my cheek. I am not in sever pain, just occasional sharp pain but then It would stop. I am leaving out of state for 2 weeks and I planned on seeing a dentist after I come back but I'm worries that my swollen cheek can indicate other sever problems, could this be a sign of an infection too? Would waiting 2 weeks be too long?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - June - 2011, at 10:42 AM

• If pain and swelling is there in wisdom tooth area and you are confirmed that it is wisdom tooth which is erupting then you should not wait for 2 weeks. Before going out you should visit the dentist and get an xray done. If it is erupting normally and there is no infection then it is ok otherwise you have to take meds for same. Sometimes infection in wisdom tooth area can be very acute and you can have difficulty in opening the mouth. So it is better to take precaution before only. For more info on wisdom teeth problems you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation