Sir/Ma'am, I have been in an excruciating amount toothache pain for the past two days and am not sure where to turn. The pain is originating in (my) bottom far right molar, but now has my ear, and entire jaw hurting. So far, I have had ice on my jaw, orajel on the tooth (which hurts worse than it has helped,) and taken motrin. The orajel has helped in the past, but it is not going away this time. I cannot seem reach anyone until tuesday and am contemplating going to the ER. I was hoping to obtain other remidies that could help, as well as any 24 hour dentists in the philadelphia metro area (i am in south jersey). thank you Andrew Schumann

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - September - 2011, at 20:23 PM

• It looks like that you have an infected tooth which can be due to dental decay or some gum problem. But in your case it looks like that it is due to dental decay as the pain is excruciating. Only pain killers won't help, you will need antibiotics and for that if dentist is not available you have to go to ER. If cold water is increasing the pain then donot use it and instead apply some clove oil or a clove. Try to keep that area clean. You cannot do much yourself except taking medication. For finding 24 hours dentist in your area you have to browse for it online. for more in on tooth abscess you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation