crown cracked off, wiped out sliding and a friends knee hit my front teeth pretty hard! I can't find the crown! What can my Dentist do the tooth cracked with it!

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 17 - December - 2011, at 03:46 AM

  • If your dental crown cracked off and is lost, then you need to get a new dental crown. If the tooth is badly mutilated and cracked, then post and core will be done after root canal treatment to provide strength to the tooth. In post and core procedure, pin like post is cemented in the root portion of the tooth and then core build up is done over it with a suitable restorative material. A new dental crown will be fabricated and will be given to you after post and core build up. If there is vertical crack line present or in case of crack line on cervical portion of the tooth, tooth extraction may also be required. If tooth is unrestorable and has poor prognosis and needs to be extracted, then the missing tooth can be replaced with dental implant or dental bridge. Treatment plan will depend on amount of damage to the tooth. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite treatment plan. Visit your dentist asap to get treatment done. By that time, you can avoid eating from the side of fractured tooth and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections. For more info on post and core, refer to….

Free Dental Consultation