i was hit on my mouth two motnhs ago,my tooth hurt and after a while,the ttoth was loose,i could feel pus coming out when i press under my nose,i went to see a local dentist and a splint was put on my tooth,i faithfully took my antibiotics,and the splint was taken out after 2 weeks,my tooth is still very loose,how can i save it now

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2011, at 00:27 AM

• You need to get your tooth revaluated from your dentist. Your dentist will check that whether the crown of the tooth is mobile or it is the whole of the tooth which is mobile. If there is unfavorable root fracture present on the cervical portion of the tooth, then tooth extraction may also be required. If there is apical root fracture, then the tooth can be saved. In case of unfavorable root fracture, after tooth extraction, you can get the missing tooth replaced with dental implants. Dental implants are the best option for missing teeth replacement. Its important that you get your tooth revaluated. By that time, maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any deposits around the teeth which can cause infection and can further cause loosening of tooth. Avoid eating from that side of the tooth. For more info on remedies for loose teeth, you can refer to following article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-remedies-for-loose-tooth-524.aspx

Free Dental Consultation