My top front tooth is crooked and has a whole in it now right by my gums,Also this crooked tooth overlaps the tooth next to it and now seems to be cracking away from that tooth,my teeth have been crooked since a child,im 30 now and my teeth are geting worst due to no insurance for years, I now have united concordia ppo. I realy need help, I want o smile once before i die without having to cover my mouth up due to embarasment.CAn i be helped are not? Im not rich and i dont know how good this insurance is,I just got it,So please tellme my options.Thank you

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 29 - September - 2011, at 02:00 AM

  • If you have hole in tooth, then you can get it restored. You can get your front tooth restored with composite restorations which are tooth colored and esthetic filling material. If the hole is deep and causing pain and has exposed the nerve, then root canal treatment may be required for it. For the crooked teeth, you can get braces treatment done. Braces can correct the alignment of teeth. Braces treatment is usually for 18-24 months. Duration of braces treatment is dependent on extent of crookedness present and age of the patient. You can opt for metallic, ceramic or lingual braces for your self. If you don’t want to have metallic teeth, then you can opt for invisaligns which are removable clear aligners. If the misalignment is small, then cosmetic procedures like veneers or lumineers or crowns can also be given to patient.  Cosmetic procedures are faster as compared to braces treatment in correcting the alignment of teeth. You can visit an orthodontist for getting treating done for correcting the alignment of teeth.  Your insurance will cover some amount for your braces treatment and fillings. For more info on how do braces work, you can refer to following article…

Free Dental Consultation