I have really bad teeth and the dentist I seen last year recommended dentures and I am only 33. I am scared to death to go to the dentist and do this so I have put it off. I have researched about teeth on the Internet and some sites say a person can die from bad teeth. Now I'm more nervous than ever and I have tingling sensations in my arms and legs maybe cause I'm nervous I'm not sure anyways my question is can a person really die from bad teeth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - January - 2012, at 02:13 AM

• Bad infected teeth can lead to pain and soreness and can cause systemic problems. Abscessed tooth can lead to severe throbbing pain and infection can spread to the sinus and can also lead to fever, enlargement of lymph nodes and can cause headache etc. General health of the patient is affected by bad decayed teeth. If you have infected, non-restorable teeth present, then get them extracted and replaced with implants or dentures. Infection can spread from infected teeth to adjacent tissues and cause complications. In very rare cases, infected teeth can even lead to death of the patient.  Tingling sensation in legs and arms is not likely because of infected teeth but can be there because of some systemic problem present. If you have infected teeth present, then you have to visit your dentist for treatment. Delaying treatment will only aggravate problems. 

Free Dental Consultation