I HAVE CHIP TOOTH AND IT'S REPLACED BY A PIECE THAT THE HAR PUT IN I NEED TO GET BRACES. WILL THE FAKE PEACE BREAKE IF I PUT MY BRACES.

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 05 - December - 2011, at 01:38 AM

• Gomez, Treatment plan will depend on amount of portion of tooth structure which is cracked and nature of fracture line. If a small portion of tooth structure is cracked, then it can be repaired by dental bonding. If much of tooth structure is chipped off and nerve is exposed, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown is given. If crack line present is vertical or it is present on cervical portion of the tooth, then tooth extraction may also be required for the tooth. If tooth extraction is required for cracked tooth, then dental braces can be given after extraction. Dental braces may adjust the space because of missing teeth. If crown is required on the tooth, then dental braces can be given after giving dental crown. If dental bonding is required for cracked tooth, then braces can be given after that. If bonding comes out, then it can be repaired. Visit your dentist to get treatment done for cracked tooth and for alignment of teeth. By the time, you get treatment done for cracked tooth, avoid eating from that tooth and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid secondary infections.

• gomez

gomez 04 - December - 2011, at 20:58 PM

• i had 4 cracked tooth, is it possible for me to get braces on my teeth?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - February - 2011, at 20:10 PM

• The restored part of the chipped tooth may break depending on the chipped part size and the restoration used for built it. It also depends upon how much pressure has to be put by the braces fo the alignment of the teeth.If you really take precaution during braces treatment like not eating hard foods, maintaing good oral hygiene then it may not break. But if the chipped part comes out then you can always get it repaired. For more info on braces you can read this article..www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-for-dental-braces-627.aspx

Free Dental Consultation