I have swelling, cheek side only, on my back tooth. The tooth does not hurt and then I touch the swollen area it does not appear to be puss filled or hurt. However there is pain in the jaw line area and into the neck area which is also swollen. And very tender to the touch. This started shortly after taking Keflex, don't know if there is a connection.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - July - 2011, at 01:37 AM

• Swelling in the gum in realtion to the back teeth can be due to wisdom tooth or some gum infection. For this you have to get clinical and radiographic examination done. Sometimes when the wisdom tooth is impacted ie there is no sufficient space in gums for their eruption, then it causes pain and swelling in that area , which is quite tender to touch but it can be due to gum infection also. As the tooth is not painful, if the tooth is not painful then chances of its decay are less. So go to dentist and schedule an appointment and find out the cause. If it is due to wisdom tooth then you have to get it pulled out but if it is due to gum infection then the dentist will do the gum treatment. For more info on widom tooth problems you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-impacted-wisdom-teeth-and-types-of-impactions-736.aspx

Free Dental Consultation