I had an accident four years ago. I lost my central incisor (front tooth). I was immediately rush to a dental clinic (dentist). I undergo dental implant. Fortunately it was successful. Now that tooth is okay and like a normal tooth. I'm wondering, if I can still get braces?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - October - 2011, at 03:53 AM

• Braces should not be given on dental implants as it can lead to failure of dental implants due to pressure by the dental braces on the implanted tooth.  Braces treatment can move the natural teeth and not the dental implants. So if you want to correct the alignment of your front teeth, then you can’t get dental braces.  You can discuss this with your orthodontist if you can get dental braces without exerting much of pressure on the implanted tooth to correct the alignment of teeth. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment.  If misalignment is small, then it can also be corrected with cosmetic procedures like dental bonding, dental lumineers, veneers or dental crowns. For more info on dental braces, you can refer to following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-braces-work-419.aspx

Free Dental Consultation