I suffer from several Mouth Ulcers on my Gums and under my Tongue just where my Lower Dentures sit making it painful and uncomfortable to wear my Dentures. Also, I have had a coated Tongue for quite some time for which I have been sucking some Lozenges for about a week which has cleared it, but it is beginning to come back - I think that it is "Oral Thrush", and I just do not know what to do about it. There is some bad "Build-Up" on my Dentures, especially the Lower ones, and I cannot seem to get it off at all, although I have tried to scrape it off with a small knife which does not get it off - I know that I should not use a knife to scrape my Dentures as this may cause some damage. Please advise me as to what I should do with regard to these problems,

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - March - 2011, at 02:38 AM

• Your problem is because of the deposits on the dentures. When the dentures have deposits they may cause oral thrush or other infections in the mouth as in your case and as you try to scrap of the deposits with knife, the denture became rough and it further complicated the condition. You have ulcers on the gums and tongue because of rough surface of denture. Now you have to get the dentures cleaned and the best way is to get them cleaned and polished professionally from dentist. This will make the denture clean and smooth and your condition will become normal. Afterwards you have to take care of your dentures by cleaning them daily with some mild detergent and keeping them once in while in denture cleansers which are available in the OTC. For more info on denture maintenance you can read this article in our website..... www.identalhub.com/dental-keeping-your-dentures-in-good-condition-583.aspx

Free Dental Consultation