I had fillings and crowns done, and those teeth have become painful at times along with cold and heat sensitive. Is that normal? The dentist took crown off one of them and filled it with something to calm nerve down(temporary). But he charged me to do that too. How do I know if it's not his fault in the first place. Should he charge me to do additional work to fix a tooth he already done?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - May - 2011, at 19:06 PM

• If after dental crown the tooth is having hot and cold sensation that means either the fillings are deep or the crowns are not put properly. There can be gap between crown and the tooth. After crowns and fillings tooth should not be sensitive to hot and cold sensation and there should not be any pain. Now you have to find out with xrays where the problem lies. If the fillings are deep then Root Canal Treatment has to be done and if crowns are not proper then they have to be replaced. In case you are not satisfied that you can seek a second opinion. For more info on this you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation