I was punched directly in my mouth. One of my two front teeth has become a bit loose. nothing severe but it's a bit sore still and I'm concerned. Please help with the best advice you have. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 14 - October - 2011, at 01:09 AM

• Jeff, Sinus is close to the molars and punching on cheeks can affect the molars and further can lead to sinus infection or can lead to formation of oro-antral fistula (mouth sinus communication) which can lead to bleeding from the nose. Throbbing pain in two of the molars can be because of pulp inflammation in the molars. It can heal on its own but if the pulp is necrosed, then root canal treatment may also be required for it. Punching on the cheeks can also lead to chipping or cracking of the tooth which can cause throbbing pain. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis as to what is causing throbbing pain in the tooth. You should schedule an appointment with your dentist. Your dentist will take an x-ray to see the affected teeth and to see whether there is infection in the sinus or not.

• Jeff

Jeff 13 - October - 2011, at 15:55 PM

• Got punched in the cheek pretty hard 1 week ago. When I exercise at high intensity my nose bleeds and I feel a throbbing in two of my molars. At a resting heart rate there is always a dull pain. Will this fade or should I see a doc?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - April - 2011, at 01:45 AM

• You are feeling this sensation because of trauma to tooth. This happened because pulp tissue got inflammed. It can heal itself or the pulp can get necorosed depending on intensity of trauma and other factors. So schedule a visit to your dentist and get it examined.

• Fran

Fran 09 - April - 2011, at 16:04 PM

• six weeks ago i had jaw surgery which was a success but a few days ago i got punched in the nose and now one of my front teeth makes a strange tingling sensation whenever my tongue rubs against....what does this mean?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - February - 2011, at 02:18 AM

• Yes it is possible to close the gap. It can be done either by going for cosmetic dental procedures like builtup with composites or going for veneers or crowns or it can also be closed by going in for braces. But as you have mentioned that that your lower molars are extracted and if they are not wisdom teeth then the gap can reoccur as the teeth have tendency to shift if is any gap. So if you want the treatment to be successful then you should go for replacement of molar teeth.

Free Dental Consultation